Windshield Wiper Help

I have a 2011 VW Jetta S. My wipers work fine on all settings. But when I pull the wiper stem (on steering column) to get washer fluid to spray, nothing comes out. The wipers don't move or even try. I hear no sound or anything. Please help.

By Dylan

You have checked the reservoir to see that there is fluid in it, right? Sometimes the nozzles get pointed in some direction other than at the windshield. You could check that, but I would think that you would have noticed this. There is a little pump that pumps the washer fluid; perhaps it is worn out, in which case you need to take it to a shop and have it repaired.

Hi Dylan, did you get a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue with my 2011 Jetta. I thought it was low on fluid but when I pull the trigger for washer fluid I get no fluid and wipers don't activate either. I'm hoping it's a fuse. I just wondered what your solution was if you don't mind sharing.

Robin
robin311 AT comcast.net