Wrapping a Gift That Hasn't Arrived

I ordered my son a pair of shoes that didn't make it in time for his birthday. I wanted to still give them to him, so that he would know they were on the way. I took a shoe box that I had around the house, filled it with tissue paper, and put a printed photo of the shoes inside the box. Then I wrapped the box up like all of the other presents. When he first opened it he was a little confused because I put the photo in a shoe box from his baby brother's rubber boots. :) He had a good laugh and is looking forward to the actual shoes coming in the mail!

I do this ALL the time with my son and his fiance. They live across the country, so when they come for the holidays I include a photo in a package and have it mailed directly to them instead of them having to ship it back home after the holidays!

:D