Zucchini Manicotti Rolls
This absolutely delicious recipe uses thinly sliced zucchini as the substitute for the pasta. It's healthier (especially for diabetics who need to watch their carbs) or anyone wanting to eat healthier since it has much less calories.
Even a great way to use those large zucchinis too!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 or more zucchini
- 1 lb spaghetti sauce (jar or homemade)
- 4 oz cottage cheese
- 4 oz mozzarella, cubed or shredded
- Optional: your favorite spices
- pinch Parmesan cheese as topping
- Use a knife or a kitchen mandolin to slice thin zucchini slices lengthwise.
- Put a little sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Mix the cubed mozzerella and cottage cheese together.
- Drop a spoonful onto one end of the zucchini piece, then roll it up. If they are too thick they may need a toothpick to hold them together a bit. Even if they snap, just place them in the dish. Sauce will cover them up anyway.
- When finished rolling up all the slices, pour sauce over all and bake in oven, 350 F for 30-45 minutes or until the slices are cooked (you can pierce them with a knife to test).
- Serve with a bit of Parmesan if desired and a nice salad. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!