Sweet Zucchini Pie Recipes

Category Pies
Chopped Zucchini
In addition to the popular zucchini nut breads we are all familiar with, try making a sweet zucchini pie. This page contains sweet zucchini pie recipes.

Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

• 3 1/2 cups zucchini
  • 3 Tbsp. RealLemon Lemon Juice
  • 4 Tbsp. flour
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp. salt

Directions:

Peel, seed and thinly sliced zucchini. Sprinkle RealLemon over slices and stir well. Let stand. Mix dry ingredients. Add to zucchini and mix well. Put in unbaked pie shell; add top crust and bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until zucchini is tender.

By Robin from Washington, IA

No one knows that this is zucchini if you remove the seeds. I've fooled many friends. Enjoy!

Ingredients

Directions

Put the above ingredients in a saucepan and bring them to a boil. Then simmer for 15 min. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture(recipe follows) and let cool.

Crumb Mixture

Mix together until crumbly and set 1/2 cup aside for the cooked filling. Pour 1/2 of the remaining mixture into a buttered pie pan and press the mixture up the sides of the pan also. Bake for 15 min. at 375 degrees F. Remove from oven and pour zucchini mixture into the pie crust. Spread the remaining crumb mixture over the zucchini and bake for 30min. at 375 degrees F. Enjoy!

By Joyce from Decaturville, TN

Ingredients

• 6 cups peeled, sliced & quartered zucchini( I also de-seed the zucchini)
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg

Directions

Crumb Mixture

• 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup oleo

Mix together until crumbly and set 1/2 cup aside for the cooked filling. Pour 1/2 of the remaining mixture into a buttered pie pan and press the mixture up the sides of the pan also. Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F. Remove from oven and pour zucchini mixture into the pie crust. Spread the remaining crumb mixture over the zucchini and bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees F. No one knows that this is zucchini if you remove the seeds. I've fooled many friends. Enjoy!

By Joyce from Decaturville, TN

Answers:

Zucchini Pie with Crumb Topping

I've never made a dessert with zucchini such as this, but I've heard they're very good, -tastes just like apple pie (if seeds are taken out and peeling is scraped off). I've made zucchini relish (just like pickle relish, but with zucchini instead of cucumbers. I've also made zucchini bread as well as Mock Crab Cakes made with zucchini instead of crab (no one could tell the difference!). One year we had a wonderful garden where we had more zucchini than we knew what to do with. But once I found that I could make them into the relish, no more wondering what we were going to do with it! Thanks for your recipe. Happy Summer! (06/29/2006)

By badwater