Homemade Spring Decorations
Spring decorations can bring the beauty of nature indoors. This is a page about homemade spring decorations
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here I painted a pot black and yellow and filled it with flowers using coffee filters.
Approximate Time: 2 hours
- clay pot
- yellow, green, and black acyrilic paint
- coffee filters
- food coloring: red, blue, yellow
- paint brush
- pictures of bumble bees
- floral organizer
- wire for stems or stems from old flowers
- floral tape
- Paint your clay pot yellow.
- When dry paint black stripes onto your pot. This makes the pot have a cute bubble bee look.
Coffee Filter Flower
- Fold seven coffee filters in half, then fold in half again.
- Fold two coffee filters into thirds on each side.
- Fold the other 5 in half again.
- Take your 5 filters and cut into a petal shape. It will look like a heart shape cut along the fold you will then have two hearts each 2 layers.
- Then cut the other two folded into thirds into a petal shape. These will look like three petals when opened.
- Fold the bottom 3 quarters of an inch, and then fold again, do both.
- Take your wire and bend into a hook at the top,and put it through the one petal center you folded into thirds and fold your hook tightly closed.
- Place glue on your hook to hold it onto your flower.
- Then fold flower at one side to middle and fold the other side to the middle glue as they meet in the center.
- Take the other filter you folded into thirds and put a pleat in the middle apply glue at bottom of your flower.
- Keep all flowers even as you wrap around your wire glue on the next one. Fold 4 of your coffee filters at the bottom about 1 inch. It should look like a triangle at the bottom.
- Put glue across the bottom and roll around your flower not to tightly, and pinch at the bottom to hold onto your stem.
- Roll next three around your flower the same way. Fold rest of your petals up 1/2 inch. They should look like a triangle at the bottom, glue it onto your flower do the rest the same way. Then your flower is done.
- Wrap your wire with floral tape.
- Paint a coffee filter green, let dry.
- Then cut out an oval shape for leaves.
- Fold in half and in half again
- Cut the top of each side into a leaf shape
- Cut the tip off the bottom to open the center.
- Then unfold and slide up the bottom of your stem and glue to flower.
Coloring the Flowers
- Mix blue food coloring into a cup and open the middle of your flower and paint food coloring in there and into the rest of your layers you only need a little bit it will spread.
- Do the same with red, and yellow food coloring.
Put your floral organizer in your pot and arrange your flowers. To cover your organizer I painted coffee filters with red food coloring to put in the pot around the flowers. The last step is to glue bees around your pot.
By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario
I always hate to throw out all those pretty cups of colors after we color our Easter eggs. So this year I decided to dilute them a bit and put them in pretty glasses on my window sill to decorate the house a bit for the holidays!
Just glue on the things you have then tie ribbon around and hang as a decoration. Just use your imagination.
March 30, 20090 found this helpful
We needed some cute vases for a baby shower, but funds were running low. so, I bought some Monetta Luxury cream wafer cookies, $1.00 a can at The Dollar tree. I removed the cookies and served them at the baby shower.
April 28, 20120 found this helpful
This is a page about decorating straw hats. Straw hats, large and small, are fun to decorate as an activity at parties or to hang on the wall.