Are Mushroom Bad for Dogs?

Category Health

Does anyone know if the mushrooms that grown in your back yard are bad for dogs to eat? Our yard started to grow tan mushrooms, and I think my dog is eating them. Any ideas on how to get rid of them. The dog does not appear to be sick.


Lisa from Westland

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

May 20, 20070 found this helpful

We have chipmunks that eat our mushrooms all the time and they are thriving. There are so many kinds of mushrooms and good ones can look the same as poisonous ones with just a minor minor difference. The thing that I would do is call a vet. The vet tech or receptionist can probably help you because it sounds like a call they would get all the time. I know dogs can't eat onions or garlic. The vet's office can tell you about the mushrooms for sure though.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
May 23, 20070 found this helpful

Consider all mushrooms growing in your yard to be poisonous. Better safe than sorry. Even if a few of them are ok, a few more might sprout that aren't safe.
Remove all mushrooms with gloved hands, dispose of gloves where no one will have contact, wash hands thoroughly and dry on disposable paper towel.


Just because a squirrel can eat them doesn't mean a dog can, too.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
May 23, 20070 found this helpful

http://www.hsus  ous_to_pets.html is a site that lists foods that are dangerous to dogs.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
May 28, 20070 found this helpful

I don't know about mushrooms, but I was told by my vet that grapes are toxic to dogs...Just a FYI for you.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By Meg (Guest Post)
August 5, 20070 found this helpful

My dog eats mushrooms, much to my dismay. I 'patrol' the yard daily to pick them up but he finds ones I don't see: I have seen him grab one and before I can get to him he has swallowed. He doesn't get sick but I'm still worried.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
August 3, 20171 found this helpful

Most mushrooms are not toxic, but some can be quite poisonous for dogs! Dwayne Johnson's Dog (The Rock) died from mushroom poisoning as well.


I would avoid all wild mushroom for my dogs, as well as all these other foods that can be toxic too (https://www.the  c-foods-for-dogs)

Reply Was this helpful? 1

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
Pets Dogs HealthMay 20, 2007
Christmas Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2018 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2018/11/29 07:55:25 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!