Use Lists for Planning

My husband teases me because I have inherited a family trait of making lists for everything! It sure helps when we go shopping, so I know exactly what we need for recipes, etc. Sometimes I bring photocopies of recipes I will be baking, so that if I decide to double the recipes, I will know exactly how much to buy.

Before a big event or trip, I always make separate lists for "Things To Do", "Things To Buy", and "Things That Must Be Packed". I don't know what I would do without my lists. I make copies of all of the lists, I put these lists in separate large zipped freezer bags, and put one set of copies folded individually in my purse, so they stay in my purse, and are handy for shopping trips. I find making a list of "Things That Must Be Packed" handy when you are done your trip and don't want to forget any items at the Hotel or relatives house.

By Ilove2sew932 from Chatham, ON

I'm a list -maker, so was my niece. My sister says it's the slightly scatty ones who need them and in my case she's right, I'd forget everything if it wasn't on a list! Of course with shopping lists I don't always remember to take them..

Marg from England.

I make lists for everything too. I'd be lost without my lists.

I love lists! I do the same and even go as far as making lists for things like my exercise routines. I'm so happy there are other list makers out there :) My fiance teases me as well but where would we be without the lists?

I am a notorious list maker, I have decorative open boxes filled with blank notes, sticky notes and a writing pen in the box, my refrigerator door has a small magnetic clipboard on it, my calendar in my bathroom has a notepad attached to it, my purse has a small spiral notepad in it, the car has spiral notepads in the glove box. I carry my prepared grocery list in my pocket or my lists of errands to run..in my pocket!!it is a handy way to keep up with the list rather than digging through my purse! My bathroom mirror holds appointment cards for doctor, dentist, hair dresser, etc.for reminders. Lists are essential for my household to function.