CandiesBaking & Desserts

Candy With Gum Drop or Turkish Delight Like Centers

At least 70 years ago you could buy boxed chocolate covered candy, the inside I think was kind of like gum drops or soft like Turkish Delight.

Would anyone have a correct name for them or have a recipe I could try to make them. An answer would really be appreciated.
Thanks.

By BJ from MO

I am not sure this is what you are thinking of but it is the first thing that came to mind. (I am not familiar with what a Turkish Delight is.)

Around here the chocolate stores call them Orange Pectin Bars but across the web it looks like they are often called Chocolate Jell or Jelly Sticks. Usually come in Orange or Raspberry centers. Firm like a gum drop. But I have only seen them in bars or stick shapes not in rounds or squares although it is probably possible. I love them! They sell cheaper versions in boxes in grocery or drugstores but the best are the ones from a chocolate shop. Thicker better quality chocolate and better centers.

I have never purchased these from here but to give you an idea of what I am talking about:
tinyurl.com/yfrj5x2

www.oldtimecandy.com/chocolate-orange-sticks.htm

This site has a recipe but it is made with jello mix not pectin:
www.chocolate-candy-mall.com/chocolate-raspberry-jelly-sticks...

This site uses pectin but I am not sure if it is the one. The jelly bars inside are colored but the color is clear not opaque.
www.recipegoldmine.com/.../orange-jelly-candy-recipe.html

I just saw a mention of chocolate covered jelly type candy being in Whitman' Samplers so perhaps they were round or square at one time.

Hi Kaelle, Thank you so much for this information and all the trouble you have obviously gone to.

I myself will be using the recipe you kindly submitted. God bless you and keep you.