BathroomCleaning

Scratched Plastic Bath Tub

Anyone know what to do about a plastic bath tub with surface scratches? The scratches used to show up in white which was not too noticable, but now they have darkened. Thanks, Julia

Julia, this is just a shot in the dark but I suspect there are auto-body products that would be perfect for such a job. McGuire's makes a great line of such stuff, as do several other companies. You might want to talk with someone in an auto parts store that specializes in paint and bodywork supplies. So much plastic is used in car bodies these days that would be the first place I'd check. Good luck!

By Georgia Peach (Guest Post)

Julia,I too have a fiberglass bath tub and it's 15 years old and beginning to look worn,with a few scratches to boot.I use a good Car Polish and go over the tub completely.let it dry and use another coat,it will shine and the soap scum won't stick to it.I also use it on the inside of my toilet ,it helps stop the ring buildup from hard water.hope this works for you.