BathroomCleaning

Has Anyone Used Rain X on Shower Doors?

What do you use to clean the glass shower doors, before using the Rain X?

By elainster from MD

Why bother with Rain-X? Clean your shower doors; stop using soap and only use Shower Gels. Get a good silicone squeege [from Auto Parts] and a Microfiber cloth, a quick squeege and a wipe down with the Microfiber after the last shower of the day, and you're all set. Rain-X does work, but the residue it leaves is not worth it. (IMHO)

Anonymous

I've used Rain-X on shower doors before and it works wonders! Just be careful to not let it drip on/in to the tub floor when applying it if the tub is not a textured fiberglass or has no mat because it can make the shower floor a bit slippery!

After a shower, and before opening the shower doors, simply direct the shower head towards the doors to rinse any excess soap off.

I usually applied once every couple of weeks but I lived alone so you may need to apply every week if there are lots of showers taken in your home. ;-)

I am a retired cleaning lady and have had to deal with a lot of shower doors. One of my customers put Rain X on her new shower doors. A few months later there was considerable buildup. I was cleaning the doors and I think she was not reapplying the product. I talked her into getting a squeegie and there was no more buildup. She did not use soap based products in the shower.

We remodeled the bathroom a couple of years ago and installed new clear glass shower doors. I used Rain-X as I had heard it worked so well. After the first shower it turned the shower doors white.

I had a terrible time getting it all off. I still have spots on the glass. I would never use it again. I don't know why it works on my car but not on my shower doors.

I gave my new glass shower doors & surrounding shower glass a coat of Rain X. It worked fabulous!! THEN 8 months later while cleaning and resealing the shower tiles decided to give the glass another coat of Rain X. What a mistake!!! All the glass surrounding my shower now has ugly white rain marks. It looks terrible. I've tried scrubbing the glass with everything from Soft Scrub, Comet, Mr Clean, used soft rags, nylon scrubbers, even tried Brillo in a corner, and very carefully tried scraping a spot with a razor blade. NOTHING, I repeat - NOTHING will remove the Rain X!!! The new Rain X cleaner is the same as SoftScrub, doesn't work.

Has anyone used Rain X on shower doors? If so, does it work?

Terry from Cols, OH

Answers:

Has anyone used Rain X on shower doors?

I have, and it works just fine! Just reapply regularly per the directions, and quickly run over the walls with a squeegee after each shower. (11/01/2006)

Has anyone used Rain X on shower doors?

Rubbing alcohol works just as well if not better. Just spray the shower door occasionally and it stays beautiful. (11/01/2006)

By Sheri

Has anyone used Rain X on shower doors?

Yes, Rain-X works great. Use it after you clean the glass. It well keep it looking new.
(02/16/2009)

By Greg Morrison

RE: Has anyone used Rain X on shower doors?

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomMay 29, 2010
📓
🌻
🐛