Cigarette Smoke Stains on Curtains?

0
Share
3
Save
Follow
Print

My white curtains have yellowed from cigarette smoke. How do I make them white again?

ycp0623 from Johnston, RI

By Dani (Guest Post)

I swear by OxyClean to remove the smoke stains from my curtains; It always works perfectly.

Try a concoction of baking soda and ammonia in your wash. Once had a house fire and was told by the firemen to use this to clean the clothing and upholstery in the house. I also smoke and my white curtains get all smoked up, so tried this concoction and it really works. Just add it to your detergent, let it soak a bit, then wash; Problem resolved.

By Kelaniz (Guest Post)

I prefer "Mean Green" spray cleaner or in a pinch, "Awesome" spray cleaner. You can find either them in any grocery store or dollar store's cleaner aisle. Just dilute about 1 part cleaner to 10-20 parts water (preferably hot) and soak 5-10 minutes, then rinse and dry.

Naturally, spot check to make sure these products are safe for your curtains. But these 2 cleaners are the best I've found out of close to a hundred for instantly breaking down tar accumulation and stains.

Home and Garden Cleaning Blinds and CurtainsApril 16, 2006
👔
🌻
🎆
Generated 2021-06-17 08:16:37 in 806 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf10856893.tip.html