Removing White Out From Wood?

White Out pen on wooden desk with the word "Hi" written in white.I have a wood counter base, and I spilled whiteout on how do I get it off?

KM

Answers

Best Answer

Spray on some WD-40, let it sit, and scrape off lightly.

By steeze77 (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I used Goo Gone on my spilled white-out and it worked AMAZINGLY. Just put some on a paper towel or rag and it comes off like magic!

By Val (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Thank you so much for the solution to my problem! I used WD-40 and it worked like magic.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Thank you! Thank you! I almost had a heart attack when I couldn't get the white off my kids were using from a granite countertop and concrete table. The WD-40 wiped it right off!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I have a home office and I'd mistakenly grabbed a bottle of White Out thinking it was my Visine eye drops (the bottles were side by side on my desk). I got very distracted just as I was grabbing for my eyedrops. I ended up dumping the whole bottle (yes, the WHOLE bottle) of White out ALL OVER MY FACE, my lips, tongue, teeth, shirt, hands... desk.... computer keyboard, rather putting the Visine eyedrops in my eyes. What a blooming mess! Fortunately, I just missed my eyeball!!! I felt it (what I thought was the Visine) running down my face and wondered why it was so thick. So when I looked in my hands and saw the empty bottle of White Out in one hand and the little brush attached to the top in the other (yes, not unusal because I always hold the top of the Visine bottle in my left hand while I pull my lbottom eyelid down to pour the drops in my eye from the bottle in my right hand)... and felt it running everywhere, I couldn't believe what I'd done!

My first reaction was to freak out big time! Then the reality of what I'd done set in! My windows happened to be open and I was laughing so incredibly hard at the stupidity of it all that my neighbors heard me and came out to make sure I was OK. LOL We were all laughing at how ridiculously silly I looked until I/we realized NOTHING was taking it off... not soap/water, fingernail polish remover, terpentine... NOTHING! I thought I'd have to become a hermit in my own home until I read your post about WD40. IT WORKED! However, because I literally had to wash my face, arms, hands, et with the WD40... I had to hop in the shower fast so as to NOT OD on the vapors. LOL Although I'm not a mannequin and therefore don't have a WOOD face, I thank you for the advice..... because I can now face the world again... WHITE OUT FREE! LOL True story!!! Seriously! LOL LOL LOL

By (Guest Post)

what is WD 40 and WHERE CAN I GET IT FROM?

By (Guest Post)

My daughter just exploded a bottle of whiteout on her face and on her brand new Radio Head concert t-shirt. The shirt actually looks even cooler. She had to physically scrub the whiteout off of her cheek.

A little aloe vera and now she is fine. Thanks for the tips and for the story above...she feels a little better knowing she isn't the only pale face. :-) Liz

By bob (Guest Post)

Goobegone works great.

I know this sounds weird but if you just take the non-eraser end of an unsharpened pencil, and just scrap away. It sounds silly but it worked for us and it's very simple and doesn't take long.

wet the spot get something like a napkin or toilet paper then wipe it on the spot then scrap it with your nails or use a eraser a card/credit card of scrape it with scissors basically anything u just gotta wet it

Anonymous

I just spilled white out on my floor I used a eraser it came off like magic

Anonymous

Goo Gone was the easiest way! White out has been sitting and dryed on the desk for months. Put goo gone on a napkin and it wiped off immedietly. Thank YOU!

Anonymous

Senior Shopper says: Goo Gone worked wonders!

Anonymous

Omg, you just saved my beautiful wood dining room table with this WD-40 advice!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Anonymous

I used nail polish remover, rubbing alcohol, apple cider vinegar and baking soda. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes then vacuum it up. It came right up, no need for WD-40!

it worked real well but not enough thank youthough

Goo gone was a miracle. Wiped right off. Did not damage wood. Thanks!

Anonymous

Thank you! I used a credit card to gently scrap it off my pine table! It worked great! Looks like new!

Anonymous

Thank you so much w40 work perfectly within seconds merry Christmas happy New Year happy Hannukah Happy Kwanzaa

The pink eraser worked great! A white one that is softer did not.

Spilled on my dining room table. Sprayed the surface with WD40. With paper towels and some scrubbing, it cleaned right up.

Used some water to dilute the WD40 residue after and the looks and feels fine again. Thanks for the tip!

I used cleaning fluid - spot remover - quite successfully and quickly.

WD40 works! We had a large spill on an end table and we scratched some spots and then sprayed the WD40, let it sit for a minute and scrubbed a little bit and now I don't have to replace an end table - and I don't have to kill my 15 yr old daughter!

Thank you so much. I was reluctant to use WD-40 but omg worked like a charm. I spilled white out on my new desk . An area like 4"x4" and I panicked. Thanks again.

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsApril 8, 2017
🎂
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf109235.tip.html