SceneryPhotos

Scenery: Ukrainian Catholic Church (Winnipeg, Canada)

My best friend had a funeral service in the last Pioneer Style Ukrainian Catholic Church in Winnipeg. After the service I was able to take some pictures. When this came up I was mesmerized at how the light from the stained glass window highlighted the pattern of the orthodox cross in the cross-stitched drapery. the hand embroidered edging shows beautiful detail. It is now my standing memory of the beauty and peace of eternity.

By Carol

Anonymous

Awesome photo!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thank you for the vivid description, and my condolences on your loss. I believe you said the occasion was your friend's funeral?

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thank you. I forgot to sign in when I submitted this. Yes he was a friend of forty tears and we had that unusual bod that transcended gender. This was my first experience at an Orthodox Ukrainian Catholic ceremony. It was half in the old language and then translated to English. The older people were so grateful for such a service.

I was honoured to have provided a suitable farewell.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thank you so much for sharing your grief. I hope it was lightened for the sharing. God bless.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I must humbly thank you, Jo, for your recognition of my picture. I am happy that it shone through for you.
I remember reading your Ten answers for dealing with the blind. It should help many people understand more.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Solus, I'm just happy to help any way I can. Fostering understanding between the sighted and us blind folks seems to be my current mission. God bless.

Reply Like this photo? Yes