Uses for One Shoe

I am looking for uses for one shoe.

By Deepika from Haryana, India

Plant a flower in it, good luck.

Donate them to your local vetran's hospital, or rehab centre.

Someone (here?) suggested nailing it onto a tree, & using it as a cordless phone holder when outside.

Place it next to the back door or your yard entrance. Put a can inside, and use it for your garden tools. Hen and Chicks succulants look great in them, so yes, plant a flower or use for fake flowers from the dollar tree. You can then change with the seasons. This shot is from a website for cement shoe planter molds, but you get the idea.

If it has a rubber sole you can cut it apart & make your own deco rubber stamps. Carefully cut the sole away from the shoe upper. Glue the back side of it to a block of wood that fits it. Decorate wrapping paper or scrapbooking projects, clothing,note paper, envelopes...whatever. Salvage whatever parts that could be used for arts & crafts projects.

A shoelace for tieing a bundle or make a simple sewing card for a small child. Trace a design off your pc screen or print one off & transfer it to a piece of cardboard.Leave as is or cover it with pretty fabric or paper.

Do you have a picture of the shoe? That might help ! Or tell us what color & type! I like the planter idea & the cordless phone holder but extending on that - it could be used as a tool holder too,in the garage or shed or on the back porch,nailed up for holding other items

I have seen people use one shoe or boot as a pot for vines and flowers, especially boots. They are kinda cute sitting in a garden.
BJ

Take dry noodles...all shapes. Glue on with Tacky Glue...then spray paint. Decorate with ribbons, etc. We did this in Girl Scouts when I was a kid. My mom still has it.

I agree with Catastrofy ~~ donate them to veteran's hospitals, rehab centers, and such. I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a shoe on one foot & have a collection of unused shoes, sneakers, slippers, etc.. that can be used by someone else with use for only one as well.

I agree that footwear can be cute when used decoratively, but with all they've done for our country, vets could use our help in many different ways.

And we all know that money is tight, so you will be helping someone else save money by donating even one single shoe!