Solar Lights For Power Outages

When we have a power outage, I bring in 2 or 3 of my solar lights from the garden. They are much safer than candles and can be recharged so they are always ready for use.

By Joycie from Maitland, NSW, Australia

What a great idea, I would never have thought of it! Thanks.

I also use them for night lights. They throw off enough light to get around. I also take the batteries out and charge them with electricity. In fact, I rarely turn on the regular lights for a few minutes. They are great if you are interested in cutting your electricity bill.

Ditto. I too never thought of that and want to thank you for sharing the idea with us.

By Barbara Jean (Guest Post)

That sounds like such a good idea! Candles make me nervous and I don't use them at all.

However, I live in the Pacific Northwest, and I don't think we have enough sun in the winter to charge a solar light.

In fact, I've never seen them for sale here, but I'm going to look and see what I can find. I didn't even know there were solar lights that were portable. I don't know how long the power lasts once it's stored.

Barbara Jean