HealthDogs

Low Cost Vet Clinic Near Grand Rapids, MI

Do you know of any vet clinics that are free or offer their services at a low cost or according to your income? My Lab needs a check up and shots like heartworm, rabies, flea/tick, etc.

By Jackie from Grand Rapids, MI

That is the reason that I don't have any pets, the cost of caring for them is expensive.

Anonymous

I moved back to the West Coast three years ago but I lived in Grand Rapids, MI (near downtown) for sixteen years before that. I rescued several street animals during those years and I simply must rave about Dr. McBride at Cascade Hospital for Animals! The hospital/clinic is rated one of the best in the city and county and if you call and talk to them about discounts most of the time they can help or might let you make payments on part of the bill. They also accept 'CareCredit For Pets' and, even though I am not fond of using credit, it is an awesome credit card service that does not gouge unless you don't abide by their terms of credit use and there were a couple of times I needed to use it for pet emergency's and was thankful for having it!

Back to Dr. McBride! He is the most caring and knowledgeable veterinarian I've ever had in my life! He rescued my one remaining pet friend and companion, Rachel the Cat, from certain death when I first rescued her from the streets when she was about five or six months old. She had a rare lung parasite that wasn't detected in tests but Dr.McBride knew immediately what was wrong! She is now almost nine years old and happy and quite healthy :-)

In my humble opinion a trusted veterinarian for our loved ones is worth a little more money and usually trustworthy vets will work with you financially. I can't imagine that Dr. McBride is not still at Cascade Hospital but if he is not I highly recommend looking him up in the yellow pages!

Dr. Steven McBride
Cascade Hospital for Animals
6730 Cascade Road SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
(616) 949-0960

To Apply For CareCredit Online:
http://www.care … ply/landing.html