BugsPest Control

Bugs on Porch

Category Bugs

Every morning, I have to sweep a million dead bugs off the front porch that come at night. They are tiny black bugs and the regular moths and beetle bugs. I have tried a GE yellow bug light and it does not work at all. I don't want to leave my porch light off for security reasons. I have tried spraying bug spray all over the walls and floor, and this helps a little, but I would prefer to not have to do this every day. Any advice?

suzi_homemaker01

When I leave my stove light on at a low level as a night light, there would be dead small gnats on top of the stove in the morning. I put a wide bowl with a drop or two of liquid dish detergent mixed with water on top of the stove under the light. The next morning all the dead bugs were in the water. It won't stop the bugs but it may make it easier to clean up.

At least the bugs are dead. Small comfort.

By Patty (Guest Post)

Have U thought of trying and electric bug zapper a little ways from the porch light--this should draw the bugs and zap them for no return