Check Out Textbooks From The Library!

I graduated from college not that many years ago, and picked up a few tips during my years at my university! One of the things I wished I had started doing right away was borrowing textbooks from the campus library instead of buying them. I was a history and English major, and a lot of the books I needed for my English classes were novels.

In my last couple of years, I got wise and started to just check them out at the campus or local library rather than buy them at $7-18 a pop! Many times I needed at least 4 or 5 books for a class, so buying them could cost me upwards of $75-100. I also did the same thing once for a math textbook that would've cost about $65--what a savings! The only thing I learned was to check them out as soon as possible after getting your list of books required for the class, because other people might check them out before you if you procrastinate!

By Lisa from Kenosha, WI

Top Comment

This is why Indiana University has a reserve library. You may use the books in the reading room, but may not check them out. That way, everyone has a chance to use the booklist books.