FurnitureDecorating

Reupholstering an Accent Chair

I am trying to remove a seat and back on a wooden accent chair from Cabot House so that I can reupholster it. I unscrewed the seat bottom, but the chair pad does not loosen. I cannot see how to remove the chair back since I do not see any screws.

Do you have any suggestions?
Desperate

By dorothy from Boston, MA

Call a place that does this kind of work, maybe they can help you, good luck.

Without pictures it's very difficult to visualize what might be the issue with it.

Looks like Cabot House is pretty specific to the east coast so I would recommend checking with them, posting pictures and/or just getting forceful if the chair doesn't have any value (ie: if you were to sell it on CraigsList would you sell it for $20-$50 or would it be worth $200 or more.)

If it's a chair that has value - both sentimental and for replacement purposes (insurance wise) then I would suggest having it professionally recovered. I have a gorgeous antique dresser that is desperate need of refinishing but it's something that has both sentimental and insurance value. Not something I would trust to a DIYer (like me) with not much experience.