FishPets

Will Humidity from an Aquarium Harm a TV on a Shelf Above It?

I have a nice heavy wooden TV stand with a bottom shelf. I was wondering if I could put an aquarium on the bottom under my TV? I know the shelf will support the weight, but will the moisture (if any should escape) harm the TV on the shelf above?

Thanks for any replies.

By Nelwyn Mills from Bunkie, LA

I would call a pet shop and talk to someone who could answer your question about moisture affecting a TV.

I'm not sure about the TV, but I definitely know that the moisture will affect the wood. We used to keep our large aquarium in the kitchen, underneath a row of cupboards. The moisture from the aquarium completely damaged the corner of the unit, and made the bottom of one door wavy.

I've never had an aquarium but I would be more concerned about the heat from the TV affecting the fish or plants that are in it.