Muzby (Cotton Ball Breed)

Muzby is about 4 months old and is a Cotton Ball breed. My 10 year old daughter brought him and his sister home one early September afternoon. She found them in a box. They both were very skinny and dirty, weighing less than a pound together. We had to nurse them with formula for about 3 weeks (every 3 hours).

They took to the litter box quickly (thank goodness!). We found a good home for Muzby's sister, her name is Chinadoll. We kept Muzby because we discovered he is completely deaf.

Muzby is short for "I must be crazy." He makes cat #4! Muzby is a big snuggle bug. He sleeps with my daughter, usually curled up around her head!

Muzby has one blue eye and one brown eye. He is almost completely white except one small gray spot on his head, which is very hard to see.

All of our cats have been rescued in some way. I will post pictures and stories of each later.

By Jennifer from Springboro, OH

By Linda in SE Iowa (Guest Post)

I have read several places that that is the case in cats with different colored eyes...they are deaf. I have never seen one myself. Muzby is absolutely precious. I, too, have been adopting cats my whole life. I am 58 at present and now have 17 cats.

However, it is because I neglected to get neutering done quickly enough and then we couldn't give away the kittens!! There will be no more, I have made sure now. But I am indeed cat crazy, so I can officially rule that Muzby will grow into a beautiful cat-especially since he was bottle fed. LOL ;)

By Paula Jo Carr (Guest Post)

What a handsome kitty. And what an adorable name!

My husband and I also save baby kitties,
which are now (years later) 3 full grown nuertered males named Tommy, Claude and Baby.

Thanks for sharing Muzby with us!

By Donna (Guest Post)

I happen to be a sign language interpreter and believe it or not there is a specific syndrome known as Worternberg Syndrome, (not sure of the spelling.) The person is born Deaf and has 2 different colored eyes. In this case they also happen to have a white patch of hair that has no pigment in it. I didn't know that this was possible in animals as well!

By Janet45101 (Guest Post)

Bless your kind heart! I, too, have a white cat with
one green eye and one blue eye. His name is

Ting (short for Tingaling). He is gorgeous, just like
your Muzby (what a neat name!). Aren't cats (and
cat lovers) just the coolest?!?

Photos Pets CatsNovember 21, 2006
😷
🍂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf12735946.tip.html