Make a Cat House from Cardboard Boxes

Our cat was bored being cooped up in the house when it was twenty below zero for a week or so. We built him a play house out of cardboard boxes in which he can tunnel through from one box to another.

We attached the boxes together with packing tape and left some openings in the top for light to shine through and for the cat to enter from above as well as through the side. Boxes can also be stacked on top of one another for a two-story house.

Cats often like to claw on cardboard boxes so the boxes also deter them from clawing furniture.

By Judy S. from Valley City, ND

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 104 Feedbacks

A great idea. My cats love to climb in boxes and hide. In fact I have a cat bed for one of them, but they would rather lay in a box with a blanket in it.

Think I'll try this cat house. Yes, the cats do get bored during the winter. Should be fun watching them.

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 205 Posts

What a fantastic idea! I'm going to start on one tomorrow! I need all the entertainment ideas I can get with a 6 month old kitten in the house! LOL I'm sure mine will love this idea.

Pets Cats Cat ToysFebruary 3, 2010
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf12829780.tip.html