General AdviceConsumer Advice

Websites Where I Can Trade Clothes and Kid Stuff Locally

Is there a website where I can trade clothes or kid's stuff locally?

By lisa from Goodyear, AZ

freecycle.org has groups nationwide. You can ask for free things that you need and offer things that you want to get rid of. I have also heard of groups of friends that start their own swap clubs, you might want to try that.

Craigslist.com has a "trade" section. You can also sell clothes bulked together on ebay. If you are willing to give it away for free, then freecycle.org is a good bet!

Trading clothes is a great way to save money and recycle clothes! I wanted to come up with a way to give my clothes to a good home, but to also get some new clothes in return. I came up with the idea for a unique clothes trading website, www.be-trade.com.

Be-Trade is different from other sites due to its points system. You simply upload a picture of your item and assign a points value. Once someone selects your item the points are credited to your account and you can shop for anything on the site.

This way you don't have to send and get items from just one person! It is a great feeling to see someone look amazing with clothes from the back of your closet and you get new clothes in return too... without even spending money! Unlike consignment stores there is no money involved so you don't have to feel guilty about turning around and buying clothes for your self. This is a great new addition to the clothes trading market! I hope everyone enjoys trading and saving money!