Refurbishing a Dresser

Everyone has an old dresser or end table in their garage, right? Well, times are hard and I'm strapped for money, so what I did is hand sanded an old dresser my mom/dad gave me one year for Christmas. It was out of style and I definitely did not want to get rid of it.

I like decorating anything "shabby chic or beachy", so after sanding it to remove shiny varnish, I hand painted it a pale pink, removed hardware/dresser knobs and put wood putty in some of the holes and replaced knobs with acrylic ones! I know have a brand new dresser to keep for years to come and it fits in with my decor. I have even done mirror frames, wrought iron tables, and believe it or not, paper towel holders. You can transform anything with paint!

By acousticfemale from Zebulon, NC

I have a couple of old dressers that I painted white. They just seem to fade into the room, making the room appear larger and giving the illusion of more space.