PastasRecipes

Pasta Bites for Babies

Category Pastas

Instead of buying the expensive Gerber pasta bites for my 11 month old daughter, I buy a can of store brand cheese ravioli. I store it in the fridge in a Rubbermade TakeAlong container that I bought at Wal-Mart (two containers were only 98 cents). Whenever she's ready for it I just take out how many pieces I need, rinse off the tomato sauce, cut them up into bite size pieces and pop in the microwave for 13 seconds. It's the same as the Gerber pasta bites, just a lot cheaper! And by rinsing off the tomato sauce, she can feed herself without getting so messy!

Anna

you could make your own and it would even be cheaper and better for the baby. just boil some pasta in boillion. boil it for a long time maybe 2 x as long as directions. then it is just as soft

you know, I've thought about doing the same with the frozen pasta - lots of flavors.

The canned is more conveinent as it doesn't need to be cooked first.

But I'm concernced about the high amount of sodium in the canned....do you think most of that is in the pasta sause?

Thanks for sharing :)

Whatever happened to cutting up cheese in bite sized pieces and serving them left over spagetti or macaroni to go with it?

This sounds like a great idea but when you buy these cans of food compare the preservatives that that are in the store brand and baby food. Usually there is lots of sodium in most canned food, baby food used to have less but I don't know if that is still the case. Fresh or frozen food may be a better idea...