Remedies for the Itch from Ant Bites

Category First Aid
If you get bit by ants, the itchy bites may need some attention so you do not scratch them. This is a guide about remedies for the itch from ant bites.

How do you take the itch out of ant bites?

Shannon from Margate, FL

Answers

Best Answer

Make a thick paste of baking powder and water. Then smere on the bites, leave for a few minutes, wash off and the bites should start to go. It works better with bicarbonate of soda, apparently.

When you get the ant bites this is what you do.I have fixed for outside use in different areas spray bottles of water mixed with chlorine bleach.It doesn't matter really how strong the bleach is.When bitten spray as soon as possible.It takes the sting out as well as preventing little blisters turning into scars later.It really works.It's great.We use it all the time.Just don't get it on any colored clothes and keep away from your eyes.Try it.I think you will be amazed.God Bless.Katy

We use a paste of "meat tenderizer" and water. Put it on your ant or insect bite off and on until it quits itching. It usually will stop in a few minutes. It's great for any type of insect bites. Once you use it, you won't use anything else. It usually something you keep in your kitchen.

I'm not sure about ant bites, but I have used rubbing alcohol when the gnats and "no-see-ums" have gotten hold of me and it really helps to ease the sting. My mother used to use Dr. Tichenor's antiseptic on us for bug bites, but I can never find it at WalMart. Used to love that stuff.