2nd Birthday Party Decoration Ideas

I just moved to France and my daughter will be two years old on the 26th of this month. We want to celebrate her birthday, but we don't have a lot of money and I am not too good with house decorations. We invited some friends over and I need advice on what to do about the decorations and on how to make our invites happy on that day?

By Nkechi

Use balloons (they go quite far for little money). Use colorful paper plates, glasses, and napkins. If you can get crepe paper over there, cut that into streamers and string them from the ceilings.

If you want to decorate, you can simply put up some crepe paper and hang balloons from the paper at varying intervals. We always did this for my children for their birthday parties. It will look very festive and cost very little and the best part is your little one will enjoy the balloons. You could also buy some inexpensive flowers (or some from your garden) and place some at various places around your home. You don't need expensive vases--you can use any type of a container, jar, etc. Have fun!