General PurposeCleaning Supply Recipes

Make Your Own Disinfectant Wipes

I learned to make my own disinfecting wipes when my kids where in diapers and the disinfecting wipes had just come out and were/are expensive. Here's what you'll need:

• Bounty paper towels
  • baby shampoo
  • alcohol
  • 1 cup water
  • Rubbermaid container with sealing lid

Cut the whole roll of paper towels in half with an electric meat cutter. Leave in package to cut. Put 1/2 roll into water proof container, Pull out the cardboard tube. Boil water. Squirt baby shampoo over the top of roll once or twice around the roll, then pour a cap or two full of alcohol over the roll. Pour the boiling water over the roll cover and seal. Leave for 30 minutes or so.

Save the other 1/2 of the paper towels to make your next batch

Note: If you want the Clorox brand wipes, just switch out the alcohol with bleach. At the time, I wanted the alcohol because I had babies in the house.

Enjoy cleaning now :)

By Dawn A. from Durango, CO

Great tip, thanks :-)

Instead of using paper towels, that gets expensive over time, try buying some plain cheap fabric (flannel works great), cut the fabric into squares, soak in the solution and use. When you're done, place in washer and wash, reuse again and again! Works the same!