Saving My Weeping Cherry Tree

My husband and I are moving into a new home. In the front of the house, there is what appears to be a weeping cherry tree. I think the limbs have been trimmed too much (to the trunk) and it basically looks like there is a trunk in the ground. The tree looks like it is pretty mature. I would say it is about 20 or so inches around the trunk. I would love to save it. Any suggestions?

By JessicaRae from Wheelersburg, OH

Anonymous

The tree has been pollarded. My neighbor does this with her mulberry every year, and it comes right back. By now, you may well have a full, pretty tree out front. My dad hates to prune, and his mulberry is probably 50 feet tall and across, or more.

Home and Garden Gardening Fruit TreesApril 6, 2010
📓
🌻
🎂