Crochet Purse Made With Strips Of Fabric?

Does anyone know how to knit or crochet a purse with strips of fabric?

Linda

By Diane (Guest Post)

One time I bought some very pretty fabric on sale and after I decided to make a skirt with it, I still ended up with a ton of it left, so I knitted a sweater to match with the remaining fabric. Just lay it out flat on the floor and start at one side (side A), and cut a strip 1/2 inch wide, stopping 1/2 inch before you get to the edge (of side B). Then go 1/2 inch below where you stopped (on side B) and cut all the way across back to side A, stopping before you go all the way to the edge. Keep doing this until all your fabric is cut. You end up with one big long strand that you can crochet or knit with, just like you would a piece of yarn. It frays a little, but that just adds character, and it was very durable, I had it for years and ended up getting tired of it before it wore out. Also there are just tons of free patterns for purses on line if you need one. I hope this helps you out. Have fun.

I found kits at Joann.com and also at my local walmart store. The brand name is "Fabri Knit". They come with everything you need (except knitting needles). The fabric is already cut and it includes embelishments,handle and instructions.

I am sure you could croquet the fabric as well.

By Leslie (Guest Post)

There's a pattern in the book Creative Crochet (leisure Arts Publicaton) for Quick Soft and Roomy Tote. It's made using 2" wide strips of cloth, size Q hook.

By Leslie (Guest Post)

By Deb (Guest Post)

Here's a link to detailed instructions on HGTV to knit one...
www.hgtv.com/.../0,1789,HGTV_3227_2803674,00.html. If the link doesn't work, go to www.hgtv.com and search "Knitted Fabric Empress Purse."

Crafts CrochetFebruary 15, 2005
🐛
👒
🌻
Generated 2021-04-12 22:11:46 in 994 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf151555.tip.html