Growing Tomatoes Upside Down

They were only 2 topsy turvy planters left to buy at the store. After purchasing them, I had an idea, plus I wanted to plant more than 2 tommy toe tomato plants. What I did was cut a small hole in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket (most have a small circle already to use for a template) and used a dishwashing sponge to keep the plant from falling back through and gently filled with potting soil. This idea works as good as the store bought planter.

Good Luck and have a nice day.

By Michael from Guntersvile, Alabama

I think that's a great idea Michael I'll be trying that one as I have a lot of tomato plants and was wondering where to put them Cheers!

I have had some good success with upside down tomato garden but mainly in my conservatory and not outside. Here is a good article on them http://www.prac … wn-tomato-garden upside down tomato garden and there is also a good tutorial on that site for making your own planter