Patching Nail Holes?

Tips for patching nail holes in dry wall. Post your ideas.

Diamond Feedback Medal for All Time! 1,023 Feedbacks

Unsightly nail holes on your walls? Make up a paste of cornstarch & water. Fill the nail holes with this paste, and let dry.

By Terri

By Angelina (Guest Post)

I recall reading that white toothpaste ( not gel) can be used to fill nail holes in the walls. Sounds easy to me.

I usually use all purpose joint compound that you can buy in a 1 quart plastic container. Keep lid closed tightly and it will last a long time. I've used plain white toothpaste (not gel) and that works also.

I feel joint compound is best. Dab compound into nail hole with finger, brush lightly with entire palm of hand over area to blend in with surrounding area and let dry. It dries white.

By Brandon (Guest Post)

I'll tell you one thing, don't patch a hole in the wall when your step mom wants to sell the house and only wants to paint over the holes.. You get all kinds of hell even if you think you did good.. Make sure they want them filled first, I learned the hardway.

My millennial friends say they use ramen noodles to fill holes and cover scratches on many different surfaces.

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 267 Posts

What do they use to get the ramen to stay in the hole? I have seen some videos but many of them look like a joke.

I would be interested in hearing from someone who had used this technique successfully.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Dry WallAugust 19, 2005
🌻
🎆
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf159075.tip.html