CarpetCleaning

Cut Down on Static From Carpet

Category Carpet

To cut down on those annoying static shocks from walking on your carpet, mix 1 part fabric softener to 5 parts water in a clean spray bottle. Put the spray bottle on its widest setting and spray your carpet with a light mist.

By Amy (Guest Post)

This is the solution I use as homemade fabric refresher, and if I'm going to toss something in the dryer to de-wrinkle, I spray this on there first to freshen and de-wrinkle better!

By Maria (Guest Post)

My cat urinated on our new mattress and all I did was spray water with bleach and let dry and the smell is gone. I also have stray cats that spray my porch did the same thing water with bleach sprayed my porch and the smell is gone, I am going to enclose my porch this Spring with some latice so I can keep them out.

This solution really does work to eliminate static shock. I've used it plenty of times.

I also read a blog in FindAnyFloor.com that static usually occurs in dry environments so having a humidifier helps as well.

This solution really does work to eliminate static shock. I've used it plenty of times. I also read a blog in FindAnyFloor.com that static usually occurs in dry environments so having a humidifier helps as well.