Keeping a Craft Project Handy

Keep a knitting or crocheting project in a bag by the door. Grab it on the way out to the car. If you end up waiting for children or killing time any other way, you can at least get a little bit done on your project. Try to resist the temptation to knit while you drive!

By Louise, the Frugal Yankee

That's the only way I get a crocheted project completed. I leave about an hour before school's out each day to pick him up, find some shade to park under, and crochet away the time until school's out. It's too stressful to try and fight for a parking space with all the other parents if I arrived only 15-20 minutes before the bell rang. This also allows me to watch his behavior during his last recess, without him knowing, for signs of bullying by him or other students TO him.

I also put a book in the craft bag, some hand lotion, nail polish, nail clippers, suntan lotion and goggles (if I have 30 minutes to "waste" I will phone the tanning salon and see if they can squeeze me in), etc. If I do have to wait somewhere for my husband or my kids or a store to open then I use it as "my" time to relax and unwind.

It sometimes takes a month to complete a book, so I try to take one that kept my interest and/or is like the chicken soup books...full of little short interesting stories that only take minutes to read...cause that's all I have time to read sometimes.