Quilt Square Pillows
Don't throw away those quilt squares. If you made too many squares while making a quilt keep them and make a pillow to match the quilt or just to use on your bed or chair for decoration.
Approximate Time: 1/2 hour
- extra quilting squares left over from a project
- sewing machine
- tape measure
- fabric for the back
- pillow form or stuffing
- Measure your already made quilt square.
- Cut a piece of fabric for the back, the same size. Or if you want to make it a little bigger, you can cut strips of fabric and sew around the quilt square to make it larger. It's like adding a border to a quilt top. Like the red and blue one in the picture.
- Put right sides together and sew around, but leave a hole open big enough to stuff it or push the pillow form into.
- Clip the extra fabric off on each corner and turn right sides out.
- Stuff with batting or a pillow form and smooth out the bumps and wrinkles.
- Fold the seam allowance in and press. This makes it easier when hand stitching the hole closed.
- Hand stitch the opening closed and now you have a lovely pillow to match your quilt.
By Little Suzy from OH
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In These Guides