White Film on Glass Bowl

I have a small, old glass bowl that was my mother's. I would like to know how to clean the whitish film from it. I have tried using vinegar and hot water with no success and wonder if anyone can help me. Perhaps a baking soda mixture may do the trick? Thanks for any help you may be able to give to me.

By fanceefree

Try CLR

I have a question to ask .how do I remove scrub pad sos pad on my eye glass lens what can use to clean with it hard to see out of them

I use to work with flowers. When we reused vases that had water film on them we would drop pieces of denture cleaning tablets in them with water and let sit for a while. The film would wipe right off. Maybe it will work for you. Good luck :)

I do know that the denture tablets trick will work--it may not get all off, but will make a big difference. Just don't try anything that will ruin it---better to have a stained family item, than none!

Could be etching on the glass from a dishwasher. This can happen to all glass items. this would be permanent.

I'm not sure what the product is, but many car window repair places say they can make small cracks disappear. I have also seen the same thing offered for eye glasses. If you could find out what they use, maybe it would remove these etchings from the dishwasher. Just remember you'd never be able to use it for edibles anymore, but it would be beautiful for centerpieces.

Try a magic eraser. If that doesn't work then try scratch free comet. I clean houses for a living and these 2 things usually work on everything.

Use LemiShine from Walmart. Works in dishwasher. Great stuff. Got the film off all of my dishes/glasses so now I use it all the time. Look for it with the dishwasher detergents.

Use barkeepers friend let it sit for 3 to 4 minutes before cleaning it off best kept secret

White film on windows

How to get haze removed from clear glasses, etc.