Repair AdviceCars

Tips To Find Inexpensive Body Work

We have a car that has a good sized dent in it from a hit and run driver. We are going to have to pay for the repair out of our own pocket. Does anyone have any tips for getting body work done as inexpensively as possible?

Am from Hebron, IN

Well one way is to take the car to a vocational high school where they usually have a auto body repair program. Talk to the instructor and check out the shop and other repair work done by the students. The other is to check out to see if there is a vocational college that also has a auto body program in your area. And lastly talk to a couple of body shops and explain your predicament, they may have a good solution or recommend a shop to go to.

I was going to say the very same thing as Harry. While my youngest son was in high school several years back, he took a 3 year vocational body repair course they offered that was taught at the local community college where the public could get their damaged cars worked on at a large discount.

I just googled the information for his program. This program is in Auburn, Washington:

http://www.gree  dytechnology.htm

For a program in your area, I bet you could call your local library, they have a listing of what local colleges teach what, or try googling "community college body repair" then also add your city & state, or even your county.

Here's the listing for "community college body repair" I googled.

http://www.goog  &btnG=Search

Go to Jerry's body shop in CDA, and talk to a guy name Terry. He is an good guy, and they are very cheap and do good work. I take my three cars there and I know him on a personal basis. If you can get the parts you need from Spaldings in Spokane or order them. Then take them to Jerry's and have them paint and do the work.