DishesCleaning

Cleaning a Stainless Steel Griddle

Category Dishes

What can I use to clean a plain stainless steel stovetop griddle that is not covered with a nonstick material?

Thanks,
Jan

Stainless Steel Cleaner! It worked wonders on my husband's Cuisinart stainless pan that wouldn't come clean any other way (including simmering with detergent, simering with baking soda, and Dawn Power Dissolver - not all at the same time!).

Now that I think of it, when I worked in the kitchen at a summer camp, when we couldn't get the grill clean with the scrubber and grill cleaner we would pour on some pickle juice! Hmmm, maybe I'll try that in the stainless skillet next time it needs it.

You can use steel wool or Brillo pads. Your pan is practically indestructible!

By suzi homemaker (Guest Post)

I used a grill brick on mine. They are made for commercial use and a local resteraunt owner sold me one of theirs.

They last forever and you don't have to scrub hard at all.

By Sue (Guest Post)

I have a viking cooktop with a stainless steel griddle built in to it. I expected it to turn a dark color after cooking but it is impossible to keep clean. It always seems to maintain and grungy residue. I've tried cleaners when its warm or cold, brillo, club soda - nothing works. It looks horrible and I do not want to use it.

By Damon (Guest Post)

I use a product called "Bartender's Friend." Give your pan a scrub with BF and a dobie pad, rinse, then a quick wash with regular dish soap. Sparkles like new and of course, nothing sticks to it!