Education

Choosing a Home School Curriculum

My children are still very young, but I've been looking at many different home school curricula and am pretty sure of what I'm getting.

I would like to know if anyone else has used/knows anything about Far Above Rubies and Blessed is the Man by Linda Coats. They also have a curriculum addition to integrate the 2 if you have children of both sexes.

This is the curriculum I'm most considering for the middle school/high school years, but want to see what others think of it before I spend the money on them.

Thank you

By Jessica

I think you are getting way ahead of yourself if you have very young children and you are wanting to buy curriculum for their middle/high school years. I know it's exciting to think about homeschooling and want to plan for the future, but it's too early.

As your children get older, keep your ear to the rail, so to speak, and see what programs are out there that are age-appropriate. You can buy packaged curriculum new, used, or make your own curriculum, or you may decide that for a particular season you will send your children to public school. Homeschooling isn't an all-or-nothing proposition.

Bide your time and see what life brings you.