Passing Out Due To Buckling Knees?

Tonight was my grandsons Christmas program. The kids performed wonderfully altho we wondered how it would go off. Today, during practice a child passed out and was taken to the hospital. It was said that he buckled his knees causing him to *faint* . My husband said while he was in the Army there were times that guys would pass out on the parade field (this meaning during a parade or practice). I am wondering WHY or how buckling the knees (standing straight pressing back on the knees) can cause one to pass out?

Ariela from FL

Best Answer

When you "lock your knees straight" it keeps the blood flow from moving smoothly and thus causes one to faint.

By Teresa (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I had never heard of this until August, when my very much in control 6' tall, 210 lb son passed out during his wedding! There was a Dr. at the wedding and explained that it was called locked knee syndrome. It is very common, especially at weddings, according to the Priest :)

Merry Christmas, Teresa

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

When you stand for long time, especially with knees locked, like soldiers etc, the blood pools in the lower half of the body and the brain gets deprived so.. you faint. A good way to prevent it is squeezing your toes together , clenching them, your calf muscles (soldiers are told to do that when they have to stand still)I

Health & Beauty AdviceDecember 20, 2006
👒
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf18069997.tip.html