- 2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 2 - 3 oz. packages. cherry gelatin
- 1/4 tsp. cherry flavoring
- 1 can pitted dark sweet cherries, cut into halves
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon flavoring
Bring the apple cider or juice to a boil. Dissolve the gelatin and the cherry flavoring in the hot juice. Drain the cherries, reserving the liquid. Add enough water to the liquid to make 1 1/2 cups of the gelatin mixture and keep at room temperature. Chill the remaining gelatin until partially set.
Then fold the cherries, celery and walnuts. Pour into 6 1/2 cup ring mold. Chill till almost firm. Gradually add the reserved gelatin to the cream cheese, beating until smooth. Stir in the applesauce and the cinnamon flavoring. Spoon over first layer and chill until firm. Makes 10-12 servings.
By Robin from Washington, IA