ThanksgivingCrafts

Holiday Autograph Tablecloth

Category Thanksgiving

My best holiday tip! Buy a nice new or vintage linen tablecloth for your dinner table. Before, after or during have everyone autograph and date it. During the following year, you stitch over the autographed names with cotton floss. You will enjoy remembering as you stitch in Aug. Everyone enjoys looking for their autographs from years gone by. It's a very special tradition in my family. A nice new tablecloth for newlyweds first Christmas. Peace on earth, happy holidays and God bless all!

By April from Buffalo, NY

By CAROL (Guest Post)

I use a table runner with holiday stiching..it is off white and easy to read names! I bought red and green fabric pens and have everyone sign it! No stitching needed. ( I am lazy!) I have about 9 years on one runner. It is great fun to read all the names of friends and family who have sat at our holiday table over the years. Carol from Las Vegas

What a sweet lovely (yet thrifty) way to give of a gift that is priceless!

By Mitzi (Guest Post)

I am going to pull mine out for the Thanksgiving. Have been doing it a few years now for any time the family is together. Sometimes we write Happy Birthday and others, Merry Christmas.

I love to read all the names and see the way it has grown into a true work of family art. I purchased a very large 70X106 size white table cloth. Mitzi

We had one of these when I was growning up. But instead of embroidering over all the signatures, we had people sign using fabric pens. I can remember using it for at least 15 years and the names never faded.