Removing Urine Odor from Microfiber Furniture

My son had an accident on my beautiful microfiber recliner. I soaked up as much of the pee as I could and then covered the area with baking soda and let it dry. It still smells strongly of urine! What can I use to get the smell out of the cushion/padding that is also safe for the fabric since it can't be removed?

By Mommyx3 from DC

Best Answer

I used an enzymatic cleaner on my microfiber couch when our wee little kitten had an accident (pee). I have PetZyme from PetSmart, but you can find other brands elsewhere. I saturated the area, used the attachments from my carpet cleaner, and sprayed the area again. We have no pee smell, and no stains.