Removing Silicone Spray From Tile and Hardwood Floors?

We had a gym set up in our downstairs tiled area. The man sprayed silicone spray on the weights so they move properly, but the spray has gone all over the tiled area and up our hardwood floor staircase. I've cleaned it twice and it's still very slippery. I'm sure it was only a very fine spray, but we are slipping all over the place. Please help.

By jenny Smith

Best Answer

Ammonia let sit 15 minutes with plenty of ventilation. Use floor scrub brush then mop rinse with 1/2 cup white vinegar mixed in 1 gallon water.

Best Answer

I dropped a can of silicone spray and the nozzle tip snapped off spraying silicone spray forcefully everywhere on my oak hardwood floor. I grabbed the can, put my finger over the top, and ran it outdoors. I had a heavy concentration of silicone spray all over the floor.

I searched the internet. Then thought I'd try my new Floor Steam Cleaner to see what it would do. I kept going over everything slowly over and over. No chemicals, no getting down on my knees, and it was all cleaned up!

Anonymous
Best Answer

Pine Sol. Straight.
I was working on my bike inside the house. Laid down rags, but over-sprayed silicone on the hardwood. I first tried Windex. No change. Then I used my steam cleaner. Just as slippery as before.Then I poured down Pine Sol, no water, onto the floor. Rubbed it in then rubbed it off. No more slips in our house. Thank goodness.

Anonymous

I took the advice on using Pine Sol to clean up my floor. We had used a Silicone sealer on our garage floor. After that our wood floor in our kitchen got very slippery. Only thing we could think of was that it took longer than we thought for the sealent to dry and we tracked it onto our wood floor.

I used the Pine sol straight and also with hot water in a bucket. Both worked great! Thanks for the great advice!

Anonymous

I oversprayed silicone lubricant on a tile floor (was coating doors to prevent freezing shut). I had a jug of Pine Sol in basement, brought it up, poured directly on the floor, rubbed it in with a rag, then used a fresh rag to remove any residual. Problem solved, no more slipperiness. Thanks for a great tip!

I used Pine Sol as well to remove some spilled silicone on our oak wood floor. Amazing. It took it all off!

I didnt have PineSol so used Mr. Clean straight out of the bottle. It works too

Anonymous

Thank you for this tip. I had been dealing with Silicone on my wood floor from some rugs with rubber backing. Apparently they use Silicone on these to preserve the rubber.

I tried a Steam Cleaner without success. Your Pine Sol worked. I couldn't believe it. Thank you so much for the tip

DO NOT use on Hardwood floors or stairs.

Had same problem My dog chewed a hairbrush with silicone handle. I had to wash floor with heavy cleaner. I even wiped it with acetone, in time it will clean up. I found that the bottom of our shoes had a small amount of silicone and we kept tracking it on the floor and recoating it.

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsMarch 17, 2010
🍀
💘
🎂
Generated 2022-01-03 17:15:18 in 964 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf19301026.tip.html