Keeping Track of Sleeping Bags

With two kids and myself, we have probably a dozen sleeping bags among us; light weight for summer, medium weight for most of the year, heavy weight for winter, some are down filled, some are poly filled, one is good for backpacking.

I do NOT keep them squashed in the little bitty stuff sacks. That breaks down the fibers and they don't last as long. I put them in BIG stuff bags, the size of king size pillow cases. Each weight of bags goes in its own big bin, marked on the ends and top; heavyweight sleeping bags, mid-weight sleeping bags, light weight sleeping bags. These are stacked in one area in the garage so I can grab one and pull it out for whoever to take what they need. Also handy when we need extra bags for whatever reason, or emergencies. I also put our initials on the big stuff bags so everyone knows whose is whose.

By Eileen M. from Elk Grove, CA

Smart!

Travel and Recreation Recreation Camping SuppliesApril 10, 2012
🐛
😷
😎
🌻
Generated 2020-07-15 21:58:34 in 579 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf19459751.tip.html