PaintingHome Improvement

Keeping Paint Roller Ready to Go

Category Painting

When you have painting to do, line the bottom of your paint tray with 1 sheet of aluminum foil. If your project gets done just toss the foil, but if you need to finish later just put the paint roller in the paint tray like normal then pull the foil up and over the roller and cover it up with the foil tucked around the paint roller. I recently left a paint tray this way for about 36 hours and figured I'd have to get a new roller but it was still moist and just fine. This trick worked better then the walmart bag or freezing trick.

By Melanie mom2_5 from IL

By Larry (Guest Post)

I've found gallon sized zip lock bags work well. I have kept a roller this way for months.