Use Space Above Cabinet For Display

My kitchen cabinets don't set against the ceiling so I use this space to display my ginger jar collection, or I will put a flower swag on top and let the flowers hang down.

By Tanya (Guest Post)

Hey Susan. 2 things. I am from Morristown, TN. How long have you been there? I think using this space is a great idea. I wish that my kitchen cabinets had that space. In our dining room we have a space above a wall of shelves and I put greenery with a string of clear Christmas lights behind it. That works well too.

I have lived here most of my life, we live in Witt. where do you live? I like your idea to, I might try it aroud Christmas.

Hi -- I love the ginger jars. I have collector plates and glass bottles displayed above my cabinets.

You are right. It looks much better than an empty space.

This is great. We just did this with our collection of coffee cups and later may put some kind of lighting behind them.

Your ginger jars look beautiful but may I make a suggestion? Try alternating the height a bit, put a box underneath some to make an undulating flow. It is more eye catching that way, at least that is what the decorators say.