Lemon, garlic and basil flavors come together to make some tasty grilled chicken.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
In a shallow dish combine oil, lemon juice, half of the basil, vinegar, garlic, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
Add the chicken and coat both sides.
Store covered in the refrigerator for 45 minutes before using.
Preheat Charcoal Grill or Broiler.
Grill or Broil the chicken breasts 4 inches from the heat source for about 5 minutes on each site or until the internal temperature reaches 175F and is cooked all the way through.
Transfer to a clean serving platter and sprinkle with the remaining basil.
Source: Adapted from a recipe in Recipes From America's Small Farms by Joanne Lamb Hayes, Lori Stein and Maura Webber.