Julienne Chicken Tip for Salads

I was in the grocery store the other day at the deli counter getting some lunch meat for my husband. A man in front of me ordered chicken lunch meat cut about 1/4 inch thick. What in the world I thought? So, I asked him. Whatya gonna do with that? He said he was going to cut it in Julienne strips and place it on a bed of lettuce. Said he loved the grilled chicken salads at the fast food places, but this was a a whole lot cheaper and always fresh and new.

So, when it was my turn I did the same thing. When I got home, starving, I cut it in little square strips like they do at the fast food places, added a few different lettuce varieties I had on hand, some tomato and carrots, etc. and then placed the chicken in the microwave for a 30 seconds or so. I had an easy and GREAT salad for around, oh, I guess $1 to $1.50. Why didn't I think of that before. Great dish for lunch at home or in the office.

By Mitzi from DeLand, FL

Julienne Chicken Tip for Salads

Julienne Chicken for Salads

By Dawn from Palmyra (Guest Post)

Great idea! Can't wait to try it!

Why, Mitzi in DeLand, what a wonderful idea!! I'll be sure to use it!!

By Doggy (Guest Post)

This is a great tip, but why stop at chicken? We've been eating what my kids call "meat salad" for years.

Different bottled dressings turn this wonderful nutritious plate into a plethora of different tastes. There's a great Chinese version, using 'any' julienned meat and just a touch of salt, pepper and a product called "WOK OIL" which is a highly seasoned oil that can be found in most grocery stores in the imported section. A few drops go a long way. If you add a few toasted sesame seeds to this it makes a great Asian style treat.

Photos FoodFebruary 5, 2007
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf21185146.tip.html