Fried Sweet Potato Shrimp Cakes
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
April 15, 2020
With a few ingredients you can make these tasty fried sweet potato shrimp cakes! You can serve this with fresh vegetables and your choice of sauce: chili sauce, hot sauce, mixed fish sauce, etc. Or you can eat alone as an appetizer, snack or pair with rice of course too!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2-3 minutes per side depending on your preference
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 8 shrimp
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- dash salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil (ran out of vegetable oil)
- 1.5 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- Peel and wash sweet potato.
- For one sweet potato, I used a food processor and the other sweet potato, I cut julianne the sweet potato. You can skip the food processor but I didn't want all chunky pieces. Place napkin on your plate to absorb any water.
- Peel shrimp shell and devein. Chop into chunks.
- In a large bowl, add sweet potatoes, fish sauce, soy sauce, egg, shrimp, salt, pepper and chopped shrimp. Lightly mix.
- Then incorporate your flour to create your batter. Mix well until you have this consistency as pictured.
- Over medium high heat, spoon batter to create your cakes and cook 2-3 minutes per side or your desired doneness. I cooked 2 batches of 4, for a total of 8 cakes. Line plate with paper towel to absorb some oil.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.